The Carp-Out is targeted as a family-friendly fishing event, suitable for both experienced and novice recreational anglers. It is designed as a fun day, with education also a high priority. The objectives of the event are to:
- Promote recreational fishing in the ACT and fishing in general;
- Educate anglers on the impacts of European Carp and Redfin Perch on native fish and their habitats
- Introduce new people to the sport of fishing;
- Have a bit of fun while removing introduced pest fish from the lake;
- Foster some friendly corporate rivalry through the Corporate Challenge
- Raise funds for a charity and for stocking of native fish into Canberra's lakes and ponds.
(50% of profits will be donated to the The Cancer Support Group ACT Eden Monaro's Own and 50% of profits will be used for native fish stocking of Canberra lakes and ponds);